- Restrict your eating times. Make a rule that your kitchen closes at 7 p.m. and hold yourself accountable to that. This allows your body time to rest and reset between meals allowing for effective digestion.
- Ditch diet soda. Artificially sweetened beverages trigger cravings for high-sugar, high-fat, and high-sodium foods which lead you to give in to these cravings, so though you are taking in fewer calories you are being lead to make poor food choices.
- Choose healthy snacks. Choosing a snack that is a balance of carbs, protein, fiber, and fat gets you the biggest bang for your buck and delays hunger for longer.
- Spice it up. Along with potentially lowering your risk of heart disease and cancer, spicy foods may help you lose weight. The secret weapon is capsaicin, the compound that gives peppers their spice. There’s some evidence that it activates the same brain receptors that tell you you’re full, leading you to eat less. Capsaicin also may prompt your body to turn jiggly white fat into energy-burning brown fat.
- Use blue plates. A little unorthodox when you think of weight loss but studies show that blue is not only calming which can make you eat faster but when the color of the food on your plate contrasts you are more likely to eat less.
- Don’t have sweets around. Go through your kitchen and remove them all!! Remove the temptation to indulge. When you are grocery shopping skip the sweets aisle all together. If you have to leave the house to fulfill your sweet tooth you are less likely to do so. This is a big one that has worked for me for years.
- Start with soup. You may be thinking “I live in Texas and its been over 100 degrees for the last 3 months, I can’t even think about soup. I know we are all praying for the change in weather and also know that it IS around the corner. When it does, start with a soup, it can knock off unhealthy calories in repleace of healthy calories.
- Know your order. Before you arrive at a restaurant make the decision in your mind what healthy option you are going to go with. This way when your friend or co-worker starts suggesting chicken wings and other unhealthy options you can more easily stick with what you want.
- Be aware of the calories in your alcoholic beverages. You may not even realize that you ingested your entire days worth of calories in just 3 margaritas when you could have had much more fun choosing a gin and tonic or vodka water.
- Stay hydrated. This may sound like we are beating a dead horse but hydration is key to weight loss and wellbeing. Considering our bodies are made up of 60% water its no surprise that water is key to life and ease of all bodily functions. Start your day with a glass of water as the first thing you have, before each meal
startwith water and at the end of the day end with water, in doing only this you will be at 5 of. the 8 recommended glasses per day.
If you are looking for extra support on your weight loss journey set up a weight loss consulataion with one of our providers at T Off Your Health. To make an appointment at any one of our three location in Uptown Dallas, Downtown Fort Worth or Keller/Southlake call 817-345-0303.