If you have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or are showing symptoms of COVID-19 you may want to be tested to find out if you have the virus.
Benefits Of Early Detection
Accurate and fast testing can help stop the spread of the coronavirus. Our comprehensive rapid COVID-19 test can provide a strong defense against this disease infiltrating your family, network, and community. Social distancing, touchless interactions, PPE and sanitizing will be a fact of life for the foreseeable future in order for us to fight this virus together.
How The Tests Work
Our antigen test is a lateral flow assay for the detection of extracted protein antigens specific to COVID-19 in swab specimens directly collected from individuals who are suspected of COVID-19 by our healthcare providers.
As an intended point-of-care (POC) designated test with a 10 minute processing time, this test allows effective screening of COVID-19 infection.
- Rapid results in 10 minutes
- Detect SARS-CoV-2 nucleocapsid protein antigen
- Lateral flow assay
- Minimally invasive specimen collection (nasopharyngeal)
Antigen Rapid Test
There are a variety of tests currently available for use in the fight against COVID-19. The tests fall broadly into two categories based on their purpose. The first is a VIRAL test which tests for the presence of an active (and presumably contagious) COVID-19 infection (Active Infection Phase). Viral tests can be further classified by the target of the test. Our ANTIGEN test looks for the presence of certain proteins that surround the active virus (the viral envelope).
The second category of test is the ANTIBODY test. This tests for the presence of COVID-19 antibodies in the system which signifies that the person being tested has been infected by the Coronavirus and is recovering or has recovered (and likely no longer infectious). The conventional thinking is that an individual who has a certain level of antibodies in his/her system is immune for a period of time after the initial infection (although it is currently not known for how long the individual may be immune).
How Our Fast and Easy Test Process Works
- Call the office nearest you to make an appointment. Our locations are in Downtown Fort Worth (817-632-5400) , Uptown Dallas (214-217-8633) and Keller/Southlake (817-345-0303). At this time, if you are a new patient you will be sent a confirmation email with our new patient paperwork to be filled out and sent to us online.
- Arrive at clinic, stay in your car and call the clinic for screening questions and patient intake over the phone. Payment will be collected at this time.
- A medical assistant will come out to your car to swab your nose. They will then conduct test.
- Test takes no more than 10 minutes to run, and then a medical provider will come to your car to give you your results and answer any questions you may have. A treatment plan will be provided to you if needed.
Is This Covered By My Insurance? What If I Don’t Have Insurance?
We are in network with most major insurance companies such as Blue Cross Blue Shield, Aetna, Cigna, United Healthcare, Meritian, Tricare and Humana. Cash pay prices are available as well.
What To Do If Your Test Is Positive Or Negative
Our providers will advise you on next steps and possible treatment after you receive your results.
Book An Appointment