- in Weight Loss
- on August 29, 2018
If you have ever struggled with weight or just wanted to tone up you know there is nothing easy about losing 5 pounds or 80 pounds. There is a lot that goes into living a healthy lifestyle, but the main ingredients are exercise, diet, and mentality. Making small decisions each day can result in big-time fat loss.
Below are 19 simple and effective ways to lose weight. Start with one (or all) —today!
1. Have a clear goal. It should be one that anyone in the world can measure and understand.
2. Encourage yourself. No one ever accomplished anything by beating themselves up along the way. The more positive your mental state can be through your weight loss journey the more rewarding the journey will be.
3. Get Support. It can be overwhelming with all of the weight loss options out there especially when we have a weight loss goal and aren’t seeing the results. Get a support system in place to help you get to where you want to be.
4. Drink more water. Studies have proven that 2 cups of water before each meal result in greater weight loss. It helps fill you up before you even get started.
5. Start your meals with a salad. Salad will provide extra nutrients and some bulk to help fill you up so that you eat less calories overall. Be sure to avoid the high-calorie dressings and order dressing on the side.
6. Eat more protein regularly throughout the day. Replacing refined carbohydrates with lean protein will increase your metabolism. It’s important to time your intake so you’re eating protein regularly throughout the day—not just in one lump sum like most do at dinner. Every meal and snack should include some protein.
7. Eat more fruit and veggies. No one ever gained weight from eating more fruit or veggies. They fill you up, without providing many calories. That includes the so-called “high sugar” fruits like bananas and melons.
8. Add cayenne pepper to your diet. Cayenne is an ingredient that increases fat burning naturally.
9. Decrease processed carbs. They do nothing for you outside of creating a favorable environment for gaining fat.
10. Don’t forget the fiber. Think of fiber like a sponge; it absorbs water and makes you feel full.
11. Eat breakfast and the bulk of your meals by lunch. Then eat progressively less throughout the day. A study published in the Journal of Nutrition showed that eating most of your calories earlier in the day positively influences weight changes.
12. Watch your portions. Avoid the buffet line and never supersize. Instead, make sure you’re following what the nutrition label recommends for a serving.
13. Do full body exercises. Think squats, deadlifts, chin-ups, and pushups. You’ll get more bang for your buck out of each workout.
14. Lift weights. Heavy weights. Build more muscle, burn more calories.
15. Cut down rest time between sets. This will keep your heart rate elevated, causing an increase in calories burned.
16. Do intervals. Study after study after study continues to show intervals are more effective and time efficient than longer activity performed at a lower intensity.
17. Weigh yourself. Studies show daily weigh-ins help enhance weight loss efforts. Don’t live and die by the number. And of course a scale doesn’t decipher between fat and lean body mass, but it can still be of benefit to keep things “in check.”
18. Use the stairs. That’s right: Skip the escalator and elevator. This won’t make or break success, but every little bit helps.
19. Don’t grocery shop hungry. If you do, you’ll buy everything in the aisle – instead of sticking to your list. And most of the time, the foods you buy when hungry will the kinds that sabotage your weight loss efforts.
T Off Men’s Health is here to support your weight loss journey. Let us be the support team you need to finally create the results you are looking for. With our commitment to supporting our patients in feeling and living their best life we are here for you every step of the way.