- in Lifestyle
- on January 3, 2019
It’s that time of year again, time to reflect, time to look forward and decide what you want the next year of your life to really look like. Where do you want your focus to be? To make life simple, it can be broken down into 4 main categories that all other areas of life fit into. These pillars are:
- Health / Wellness
- Career/ Finances/ Hobbies
- Relationships of all kinds; family, work, friends…
- Faith/ Religion/ Spirituality
In simplifying life into these 4 categories, we have the opportunity to see the full picture of where we are and where we want to be. We then are able to create a map to get from one place to the other. Each category is interconnected and equally important. You may find that at different times in your life you have strived in one area and lacked or even struggled in another.
In theory, the clearer your picture is of what it is you are striving for, the easier it can be to attain. Knowing this makes having New Year’s resolutions more then just a passing ideal, it allows you to reflect back throughout the year to either recommit, revise or know that you are on the path you set out.
Here are our top 5 tips to making your New Year’s resolutions:
- Keep It Simple– it is easy to become overwhelmed and lose momentum when we choose life changes or resolutions that are too specific or detailed. We can get derailed, discouraged or even angry when our plans don’t go the way we initially intended. Make resolutions connected to each of the above 4 categories and make them broad enough to notice the steps along the way (even if they are small). You may find paths to success when you have a simple idea rather then a very specific one.
- Write Them Down– there is power in putting pen to paper. Writing down your resolutions makes you put them into words, which makes them more real, plus it is something you can reference down the line if you are ever feeling off track or forgetting what it is you are working towards. If you can, read them every day and you will be amazed at how much more focused you are and how much more quickly you move forward.
- Get Support– having a support system in place that continues to help you accomplish what it is you are working for. Whether it is a gym buddy, your health care provider or spouse, make it known to those that care.
- Make A Plan– whether you are working on health, business, relationship or spiritual goals making a plan that will support your momentum will make them feel more attainable and keep you on track. As you move forward your plan may change and that is ok, but starting with one in mind will set you up for success.
- Acknowledge Your Accomplishments– sometimes looking back is the only way to see how far you’ve come. Even if it’s small steps forward, they are still steps in the right direction. Focusing on your accomplishments will support you in continuing your commitment. Be gentle with yourself and give yourself time to progress.
Being a primary care provider in the metroplex area we are here to support you in your accomplishments. Talk to your provider about what it is you are working towards, you never know what kind of insight they may have to offer. The T Off Team is here for you.
We look forward to supporting your health and wellness in 2019. May this be your best year yet!
To make an appointment at one of our clinics please call our booking team at 817-345-0303.