1. Put yourself first. Many people put everyone else ahead of themselves and let their health fall by the side. Your goals are important, your health is important, you are important!
2. Remember: It’s not all or nothing. Be aware of what you put in your body and if you are craving something that is not a healthy choice and you give in, get right back on trac. Don’t let yourself continue to fall until all progress has been lost.
3. Laugh often. A study found those who laughed hard for approximately 10 to15 minutes each day burned an additional 10 to 40 calories/day. Multiply that by 365 and those calories can add up to 9,125/ year on average! Tell us a joke!
4. Skip the “Venti lattes” and opt for plain coffee. We can all use a daily boost, and coffee can be that. Did you know those extra large “designer” coffees can pack a belly-inflating 500+ calories per serving (that’s almost a regular meal!) and
5. Drink more water. 2 cups of water before each meal results in greater weight loss after 12 weeks. The reason? It helps fill you up. It also keeps all of your pipes working properly and has countless other benefits.
6. Eat more protein. Increasing your intake of lean protein will not only help fill you up but will also increase your metabolism—through something called the thermic effect of food. What are you having for lunch?
7. Cycle your carb intake based on your activity level. If you don’t work out, you simply don’t need as many cards compared to the days you exercise hard. Rule of thumb: The more active you are, the more carbs you can eat, and vice versa. To put in boldly, if you are not working out you REALLY need to limit your carb intake.
8. Don’t grocery shop hungry. This is so true! Who hasn’t had the experience of walking down the aisle wanting everything just because their stomach is wanting something? Do yourself a favor, shop on a satisfied stomach. You’ll make much better decisions.
9. Do full body exercises. Your exercise plan shouldn’t just focus on one area. Instead, incorporate exercises that use your whole body like squats, deadlifts, chin-ups, and pushups. You’ll get more out of each workout and these are all exercises you
10. Have a clear goal and know