Summer is right around the corner. As happy as we are to welcome the warmer weather and lake days, you are now incentivized to get your fitness and nutrition regime back on track. No matter what point you are at with your physical fitness it’s never too late to start making healthier choices. Here are 13 tips to start the journey back to your beach body.
1. Prior to going out to eat, have a protein smoothie. You won’t be inclined to want as much food wise.
2. Follow the “Nothing after 9.” motto. This simply means no meals after 9 p.m. Plan your last meal or snack at a time when your body will utilize the energy.
3. Anywhere you go, park away from the entrance. It’s a quick power walk.
4. Have a cheat day. Don’t over-indulge, just eat a meal you usually wouldn’t eat during the week.
5. Work out or do something active on the weekends. Forget the excuses. Every day can bring you closer to where you want to be.
6. Put the salad dressing on the side. An easy trick to cut out a lot of unnecessary calorie intake.
7. Get a partner, hire a trainer or create a support system. Accountability can go a long way.
8. Post a picture of what you used to look like on your bathroom mirror so that you see it first thing in the morning. Acknowledge your progress.
9. Use meal replacement shakes at breakfast and lunch. Keep a single serving shake in your briefcase for those days you have to work late.
10. Drink a glass of water before going to a party, before a meal or when you have hunger cravings.
11. Plan healthy snacks to help cut back on the temptation to grab anything you can get your hands on.
12. If you don’t keep any junk in the house, you won’t crave it as much. Out of sight, out of mind.
13. Be active whenever you get the chance. Even if you only have 5 minutes over lunch to go for a walk, do some jumping jacks or pushups take the opportunity whenever you can.
These are easy simple tricks to help you reach your weight loss and fitness goals. If there is something you are working towards let our physicians know. They will be in your corner and may have resources to help you reach your goals.
To make a weight loss dr in Keller appointment contact our office at 817-345-0303.