Forms of Testosterone Supplements
Testosterone replacement therapy is available in several forms. All can improve testosterone levels:
- Skin patch: a skin patch is worn on the arm or upper body. It’s applied once a day. This option is high maintenance and difficult to regulate how much is actually getting into your system. It also produces waste and leaves sticky blotches on your skin.
- Gels: come in packets of clear testosterone gel. Testosterone is absorbed directly through the skin when you apply the gel once a day. Some are applied directly to the skin and others inside the nose. This option is also difficult to regulate and not all products are created equally.
- Mouth patch: is a tablet that sticks to the upper gums above the incisor, the tooth just to the right or left of the two front teeth. Applied twice a day, it continuously releases testosterone into the blood through the oral tissues. This option can create discomfort in the mouth where the patch is applied, it is also easy to overuse.
- Implants: available as pellets in the soft tissues. Your body slowly absorbs the testosterone into the bloodstream. This option is actually painful for the duration of the treatment. It is also difficult to regulate how much testosterone is being released int your system and when the pellets are getting low in levels. This can result in unexpected moodiness, fatigue and all other regular symptoms of low testosterone.
- Injections: injected directly into the muscles weekly and is usually administered by a physician. This is the safest and most regulated way of having testosterone treatment. With the type of regulation that a physician can offer you are given a dosage related to your personal needs allowing you to function at your highest potential. As your treatment continues your levels are tested regularly and adjustments are made accordingly.
Why not a simple testosterone pill? Oral testosterone is available. However, some experts believe oral testosterone can have negative effects on the liver. Using other methods, such as skin patches, gels, orally disintegrating tablets, or injections, bypasses the liver and gets testosterone into the blood directly.
At T Off Your Health, we closely regulate our patients’ testosterone levels and effectiveness of treatment on a weekly basis but also offer primary care input on the weekly visits that the patients have. We are not just testosterone specialists, we offer our patients a more rounded level of care that benefits their whole wellbeing. This can result in early disease detection, a more healthy and mobile lifestyle, and the opportunity to reach health goals with the necessary professional support.
Interested in learning more about the forms of testosterone treatment? Contact us today to set up an appointment 817-632-5400.