- in Active Lifestyle
- on April 5, 2018
Testosterone is the main male hormone that is responsible for all the characteristics associated with the male gender. It is associated with strength, energy, muscle mass, hair growth, male reproduction and the processes of puberty.
About 5 million men in the United States have been diagnosed with low testosterone. A study in the International Journal of Clinical Practice figures another 12.5 million men in the United States have the hormone deficiency but aren’t receiving treatment for it. This is due to the fact that many men just do not have a primary care doctor they see on the regular. The worse our health get the more complacent we become, forgetting what it feels like to actually feel great, instead, many men end up settling for just feeling ok.
When we think about testosterone we automatically associate it with less sex drive, but in reality, that can be one of the last symptoms. Know the symptoms.
The symptoms of Low Testosterone are:
- Fatigue and lower energy levels
- Weight Gain
- Depression, irritability, and inability to concentrate
- Loss of muscle mass
- Bones becoming prone to fracture
- Reduced sex drive.
- Erectile dysfunction
The benefits of normal levels of Testosterone are:
- Improved body composition.
- Reduced belly fat
- Improved mental clarity and focus
- Increase in energy
- Higher metabolism
- Bone strength
- A healthier cardiovascular system
- Better sexual function
With just a simple blood test, we can find out your levels, and give you your results within minutes. Then what are the options? If you have symptomatic low testosterone the treatment options we offer look to identify the root cause and treat. Options include:
- Testosterone replacement therapy is used to give measured doses of testosterone typically via injection to replace the testosterone that your body is not making. Other forms of testosterone replacement are available.
- Working with diet and exercise as well as nutritional supplementation to assist your body making and using its own testosterone more effectively.
- All approaches attempt to uncover the underlying reason for the low testosterone prior to picking a treatment.
At T Off Men’s Health, we treat the man as a whole. We were designed for the modern fast-paced man who wants results and is willing to implement lifestyle changes to achieve such results. Our goal is to keep you feeling your best in and out of the clinic.
To book your next appointment at our Dallas Office please call 214-217-8633, for our Fort Worth Office call 817-632-5400 and for our corporate Keller Office call 817-345-0303. We look forward to seeing you.