A: Please bring:
- Your insurance card and photo identification
- A comprehensive list of the medications you are taking, including over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal treatments
- A list of all of the symptoms you may be currently having or have recently experienced
- A list of any questions you’d like to ask
- Any forms that may need to be filled out by your provider for work, school, sports or camp
A: Same day appointments for sudden sickness or acute needs. Sick visits can usually be accommodated on the same day that you call. Most new patients will be seen within 1-3 days if necessary, or if there are no urgent needs, we will schedule a time that is convenient for you.
A: We strive to make appointment times as convenient as possible. If you have scheduled an appointment and are unable to make your visit, please call as soon as possible to cancel your appointment.
A: Your primary care physician and health care team will work with you to identify specialists who will meet your needs.
A: If you are experiencing a true medical emergency, please call 911 and seek immediate medical attention. If you have an urgent need after regular office hours, depending upon your need, we will guide you through options that would best fit your circumstance.
A: Yes, depending on the age and need of the patient, types of visits include:
- Health Review: A general health and medical history assessment, involving a physical exam of the whole body and major systems (heart, lungs, etc.), as well as a general medical history. Routine tests may be performed including those to check cholesterol levels and blood pressure.
A: Our treatment is a series of injections given in the hip of Testosterone Cypionate.
A: As long as you want to feel better and alleviate your symptoms.
A: We monitor your levels very closely to eliminate any possible side effects, however sometimes an increase of testosterone will cause your estradiol to slightly increasing your red blood cells to slightly increase, or possibly testicular atrophy. We have very effective protocols to treat these symptoms/diagnosis. You can speak more about these possible side effects with your provider during your appointment.
A: Your levels will just simply go back to where they were before and your symptoms will go back to the way they were before.
A: We are in-network with most major medical insurance companies. You should only be responsible for whatever your copay or deductible is in your specific plan. If you know what you currently pay at your primary care doctor’s office, then it should be the same here at T Off. We can always pre-verify your insurance benefits and go over details with you.
A: An allergy is a condition in which one’s body reacts in a specific and undesirable way to a substance to which it should not. The word ‘allergic’ is a very specific term used to describe sensitivity to an allergen that causes the release of histamine (and other substances) that lead to the symptoms you know of as ‘allergies’ (itching, stuffy nose, sneezing, etc). In contrast, a ‘sensitivity’ is a condition in which a person reacts to a substance in an undesirable manner without being technically allergic to it. A person can be sensitive to several substances in that they cause irritating symptoms without being truly allergic to these substances. This is despite the fact that the symptoms caused by the sensitivity may be very similar to true allergic symptoms. This difference is important because the true allergy is often treated differently than sensitivity. We can do tests to differentiate allergies from sensitivities.
A: We suggest specialty combined injections formulated for the maximum result for patients that suffer from allergies. This is a long term solution.
A: We offer a wide variety of weight loss options. We can custom tailor regimens for our patients that utilize menu plans, shopping lists, weight loss medication including phentermine (Adipex-P), phendimetrazine (Bontril), Qsymia, Belviq and Contrive. We offer pre-surgical medical weight loss and education programs and very low-calorie diets using protein supplements for rapid weight loss. We also offer nutrient analysis, digestive analysis and other functional medicine approaches to weight loss. We look forward to going grocery shopping with you, providing you exercise counseling and behavioral counseling to get your weight under control.
In a nutshell, we offer:
- Lifestyle change weight loss with healthful menu planning and exercise
- Weight loss drug therapy combined with all menus no matter which we choose together
- Menu plans that are simple focused nutrition plans and easy to follow.
- Very low-calorie diets typically less than 1400 calories that use high protein shakes for a specific amount of time such as 6 to 12 weeks followed by slowly introducing regular foods.
- Bariatric surgery medical weight loss programs and surgical preparation programs with referral to bariatric surgeon.
A: We see both men and women. We can also see young patients, but generally age 16 and above. We have a registered dietitian who is licensed to see pediatric to adult patients and so if needed nutrition services can be provided for a wide variety of reasons. If needed a referral to a pediatric nutrition specialist can be made.
A: Currently we have the ability to recommend various products that may benefit your weight loss effort or achieve improved wellness. We do not have the required supplements. We will be able to test your blood for nutrient levels and other metabolic functions and make recommendations based on your unique labs.
A: Our medical providers and dietitian will set dietary and calorie goals that will reduce your body weight by approximately 2 to 6 lbs a week. We start you on a simple menu plan. If you are to be started on medication, labs and possibly an EKG will need to be obtained prior to medication. You will also need to sign a weight loss consent form that is educational and outlines our goals, expectations, risks, and benefits.
A: Yes…… Oh were you waiting for some scientific answer as to why? Well too bad.
A: Being overweight can hurt more than just your looks. Obesity is unhealthy and can lead to many medical conditions that can restrict your lifestyle and even shorten your life. Listed below are just a few of these medical conditions related to obesity.
- - High Blood Pressure: High blood pressure (hypertension) can result in varying degrees of damage to the brain (stroke), kidneys (degeneration), and the heart (heart attack). Being overweight is an added stress on these already strained organs. Therefore, it is essential that hypertensive, overweight people lose weight.
- - Heart Disease: As a person gains weight, the heart must work harder to supply nutrients to all tissues of the body. The greater the body mass, the greater the strain on the heart. There is a higher incidence of heart disease in people who are overweight.
- - Diabetes: Diabetes is more common in overweight people than in people of normal weight. When an overweight diabetic loses weight, diabetes often improves. (This pertains to Type 2 diabetics.)
- - Gallbladder Disease: A significantly higher incidence of gallbladder disease is observed in overweight people than in those of normal weight.
A: To start we need to collect your health information just like any medical practice would. We will review your goals and discuss the options we have for you. You will have a physical exam as well. If you decide a good fit for you, then we will likely draw blood work. We may even be able to start you on a program right away. We often start with an easy to follow the plan and signing you up on our wellness portal so you can access nutrition plans and other information. You may get a B12 shot or possibly a B-complex shot with B12, also called a lipotropic injection. After we have reviewed your history and labs, a prescription for weight loss medication if indicated will be written for you.
A: Yes you can. We will review your medical records and if a letter of clearance is required by a particular specialist, we will ask for it. Remember, many medical conditions respond well to weight loss and will even help minimize the effects of certain diseases such as high blood pressure and diabetes.
A: No you will not. We do recommend visits to our clinic at least twice a month for ongoing coaching and medical check-ups. For our aggressive programs such as the very low-calorie diet programs, weekly appointments are needed. We do have support groups, however, and attendance is optional.
A: You will be seen by a registered dietitian, PA, MD and/or a medical assistant.